We connect church with our community to fill a need. We are networking existing and creating new programs, to meet the needs of our West Branch area residents while offering ALL people the pathway to become disciples of Jesus Christ to transform the world.
Our GAP, aka God’s Awesome People’s Kid program, formerly our Summer Enrichment program, offers a safe environment for area children to spend their “GAP” times from public school while their care givers work and/or need respite for FREE!
- We offer educational activities while having FUN.
- We connect with outside services who share additional learning possibilities for our population.
- We share that Jesus Christ can make a difference in their lives and others in a non confrontational way.
- We strive to offer a Christ centered program, which provides for the physical needs of the children, while planting seeds of God’s unconditional love, teaching the children about prayer, and sharing stories of courage and faith from the Bible.
- We encourage the children to pay it forward by collecting their loose change to assist with a local charitable fund or organization. This past summer we raised over $900 towards our local Ogemaw County Clergy Food Pantry, where many families will benefit from this generous donation.
Our GAP Kid’s Camps are geared for children going into 1st – 6th graders for our Summer Session and for children in 1st – 6th grades for Winter and Spring sessions. Cost for participating families is FREE; with the exception of an occasional field trip, where scholarships are given, if needed, for all to enjoy the perks of activities we sometimes offer.
Older teens going into 9th – 12th are encouraged to be Teen Leaders to assist with chores, leading different groups between centers, and assisting our paid Summer Mission Interns, as needed, for our summer session. all hours given can be used towards community service hours for NHS.
Our Summer GAP session features 3 to 4 paid college-aged young adults between 19 – 22 year olds to be the main program providers as our Summer interns. Do you know of one looking for work for next summer? Please have them consider us as their summer employment. We will filled their time with fun-filled activities, where meals, snacks are provided, along with a paycheck, too!
Additional adult volunteers round out our staff for our year round offerings. New volunteers are encouraged to come share the joys of sharing God’s message to today’s population with us all the time.
Donations towards costs and new volunteers are always appreciated. Contact Linda L. Hall @ firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.
Please click on Link below and learn more about Engage!
Summer GAP 2019
It’s never too early to figure out what your children will be doing while you toil away at work next summer. Well here at West Branch First United Methodist Church, we have a solution for you! We provide them with activities and opportunities for 6 straight weeks. Breakfast and lunches are provided by West Branch-Rose City Area Schools. Think of summer camp minus overnights and weekends, we keep them hopping and they will beg to come back for more!
Registration form for Winter 2018, Spring 2019, and Summer 2019 GAP